With Spring’s arrival we have begun to prepare our Community Garden. Residents are invited to “farm” a plot in the garden and enjoy a harvest of fresh vegetables, fruit, even flowers. Stop into the Rental Office to ask questions or sign up for a spot. It’s always a lot of fun to see who has the greenest thumb!
We will be having an Open House on Saturday, March 7 and Sunday, March 8 from 10-2. We will be entering names in a drawing to win different prizes for people that come to the open house.
Plus we have a special Resident Referral Program in March only. Refer a friend in March and you will receive a $200 Visa gift card if they sign a 12 month lease. Call the Rental Office for more information on our special March Resident Referral Program
It’s one week until Thanksgiving! The staff of Springetts Apartments wants to wish everyone a fabulous and safe Thanksgiving. We also want to remind everyone that our office will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 27. We will resume normal business hours on Friday, November 28.
From all of us at Springetts Apartments, we wish you and yours a very happy New Year.
This is recipe is not only a yummy holiday treat when ready to make, but it’s also a great gift idea.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup packed brown sugar
1. Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice. In a 1 quart, wide mouth canning jar, layer the ingredients starting with the flour and baking powder mixture, then the brown sugar, and finally the flour and spice mixture. Pack firmly between layers.
2. Attach a card to the jar with the following directions: Gingerbread Cookies 1. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend together. Mix in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses, and 1 slightly beaten egg. Dough will be very stiff, so you may need to use your hands. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour. 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 3. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. 4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Decorate as desired.
Congratulations to the staff and residents at Springetts Apartments. At the 2013 Central PA Best of Living Awards, Springetts received the Star Performer for Overall Best Apartment Community in Central PA and the Overall Leasing Excellence Award.
The award ceremony was held September 26.
We have lived at Springetts Apartments for almost 3 years. In our time here, we have found the apartments very well maintained. The office staff and maintenance crew are friendly, pleasant and courteous. The few calls that we have had to make have been answered quickly and the repairs done professionally. I would, and have, highly recommend the complex to someone needing an apartment. Although we don’t take advantage of a lot of the activities offered, I think that is something very enticing to get residents acquired. Our experience has only been pleasant, and we expect to live here as long as our health permits.
Don and Jane Stokes
Springetts is hosting a Chili Dinner night to benefit Multiple Sclerosis Research for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The benefit will take place Friday, September 13 at the Community Building, starting at 5:00 pm. If you can’t join us at the Community Building but still wish to participate, take-out will be available. Please contact the rental office for more information. We’ve also highlighted the event in our September newsletter.
A great addition to any party is a vegetarian pizza. All ingredients can be modified based on personal tastes on this pizza.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Roll out the crescent roll dough onto a 9×13 inch baking sheet, and pinch together edges to form the pizza crust.
3. Bake crust for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Once finished cooking, remove crust from oven and let cool 15 minutes without removing it from the baking sheet.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dry Ranch dressing. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Arrange broccoli, tomato, green bell pepper, cauliflower, shredded carrots, and Cheddar cheese over the cream cheese layer. Chill for one hour, slice and serve.
Found at AllRecipes.com
I enjoy my apartment very much. I love living here. I have good neighbors and when I need maintenance, they come the same day. I just love living here.